- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to medium, cook for 6-8 minutes. Drain potatoes, then cool.
- Use a box grater to finely grate potatoes.
- Place grated potatoes in a large bowl, add 1/2 tsp. salt, cornstarch, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Wet your hands and form tater tots. You should get approximately 20 – 25 small tater tots, but it will depend how big you form them.
- Place a few tater tots in the air fryer basket so they aren’t touching, then spray with cooking spray. Turn the temperature to 400°F and set the time for 8 minutes.
- If your air fryer is small you will have to cook the tater tots in batches.