- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. strawberry jam, divided
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 whole pre-made pie crusts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl, mix ½ cup jam with cornstarch. Crack the egg into a second small bowl and whisk.
- Flour a large work surface and lay one pie crust out on it. Roll out to 11 inches across. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the edges off to create a square – this should be 9 inches on each side. Then cut the square into three 3-inch strips. Repeat with second pie crust. Use the scraps that you trimmed off each square to create two more 3-inch by 9-inch strips.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of jam on one end of each strip. Brush a rectangle of egg around the jam to glue the crust sides together. Fold the dry end over the end with jam. Use a fork to crimp the edges together on all sides. Repeat with remaining pie crust strips. Move the pop tarts to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes, until golden. Cool.
- After the pop tarts have cooled for 5-10 minutes, whisk powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon jam, and 1-2 tablespoons cream together to create an icing glaze. Spoon over the top of each pop tart and immediately sprinkle with sugar sprinkles. Let the icing set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Reheat leftovers in the oven or microwave, not in a toaster.