- 1 onion
- Slice the stem and root off the onion.
- Make a cut vertically through the middle of the root to the bulb.
- Peel the skin off the onion using your fingers. If you need to, peel off the outer layer of onion if it is soggy or ugly.
- Once the onion is cleaned, take one half and place it on the cutting board. Make 1/4-inch vertical cuts making sure to leave the root intact.
- Dice your onion using horizontal 1/4-inch cuts. These will go through the entire onion. Use in recipes that call for chopped or diced onion as directed.