- 4 (6oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil
- Put a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. Use a flat meat mallet to pound it to 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, thyme, lemon zest, salt and black pepper. Into another shallow bowl, crack eggs and beat to combine. Into another shallow bowl, add flour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dredge a chicken piece in flour, coating lightly on all sides. Then put it into the eggs, coating it fully. Place it onto the breadcrumb mixture. Use your fingers to mound breadcrumbs on top of chicken piece then press down to adhere crumbs to the chicken. Flip and repeat. Place chicken on a large plate. Repeat with the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Set a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- In a large skillet add enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom completely by about 1/8 inch. Heat skillet over medium until very hot shimmering. Add two chicken breasts in a single layer and cook until brown underneath, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and brown on the other side. Transfer to rack. Repeat this cooking step with the other two breasts.
- Transfer chicken, rack and baking sheet to the oven and bake until cooked through and firm, about 8-10 minutes.
This recipe originally appeared on COOKtheSTORY. We have permission to publish it here.