- 1 lb. firm white ocean fish like grouper, sea bass or sole, in 1-inch pices sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium sweet onion, small dice or sliced very thinly
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed then minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (more for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl combine the fish, lemon and lime juices and onion. Put it in the fridge and let it marinade for 20-30 minutes, until the fish looks cooked on the outside but still has a firm sushi-style texture in the middle.
- Drain. Add avocado, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, orange juice, olive oil and salt. Stir gently. Garnish with more cilantro and serve immediately with tortilla chips on the side.