- 1 hard boiled or steamed egg
- Tap the side of the egg gently on the counter.
- Then rotate the egg slightly and tap again. Repeat. You want a spiderweb of cracks to spread around the egg as you tap.
- Then tap the top and bottom of the egg on the counter so that there are spiderwebs there as well.
- Put the egg on its side on the counter and place the palm of your hand over it. Gently roll the egg under your hand so that the web of cracks spreads even more.
- Turn on the faucet. Peel the egg under cold running water. Once the peel is removed, rinse the egg thoroughly to make sure there are no more little bits of shell attached.
- Serve immediately or put the egg in an airtight container in the fridge.