- 2 lbs. chuck roast, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 and ½ cups beef broth or homemade beef bone broth
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 bouquet garni (a tied bundle of thyme, bay leaf and parsley)
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1 pint sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Several sprigs fresh thyme, for garnish
- Generously season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Set 6-Quart Instant Pot to Sauté. Add the bacon and cook 3-4 minutes until beginning to crisp.
- Add the beef and cook 5-10 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Pour in the beef stock and Burgundy wine. Add the bouquet garni. Cover with the lid and lock in place, making sure the vent is set to sealing.
- Cook under high pressure for 20 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms, onions and carrots. Lock the lid in place and cook under high pressure for 10 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes.
- In a small dish, knead together the butter and flour to form a soft dough called beurre manie. Divide into four balls.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté. Stir in the beurre manie one piece at a time, until thickened.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.