- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, diced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Black olives
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté. Once it’s hot, add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Turn off your Instant Pot and stir in the peppers, chicken, and chili powder. Next, mix in the beans, corn, and salsa then the chicken broth.
- Add the rice. Be sure not to stir at this point.
- Set the Instant Pot to high and set the timer for 10 minutes. Lock the lid in place and set the vent to sealing.
- When finished cooking, release the pressure manually.
- Stir in the cheese and place the cover back on the pot for a minute or two to help it melt. Stir well.
- Divide the chicken and rice mixture among serving dishes and let each diner add their own toppings.