- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into rounds
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 8 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 6 oz. egg noodles
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the sauté setting. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften but do not turn brown.
- Add the chicken, water, bay leaves, dried parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Close the lid tightly and make sure the vent is sealed.
- Start the soup function or set it to pressure cook on high for 30 minutes.
- When the cycle has completed, let the pressure release naturally and then remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and discard the skin and bones. Return the chicken to the pot. Taste broth. Add more salt if desired.
- Switch the pot back to the sauté setting and bring the soup to a boil. Add the noodles and cook stirring occasionally until softened, 6-8 minutes.