- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 cups no salt added beef broth or Instant Pot Beef Bone Broth
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 (16 oz.) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Turn your Instant Pot to Sauté, press Adjust and select More.
- Once the Instant Pot reads Hot, add oil, onion and bell pepper. Sauté for 3 – 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add ground beef and Sauté for 10 minutes, crumbling the meat into small pieces with a spoon. Drain the excess fat if necessary.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Seal the lid and set the venting knob to seal. Set your Instant Pot to Manual and select 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, allow the Instant Pot to release the pressure naturally for 20 minutes. Then turn the knob to Venting for Quick Release.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid and stir in the beans and heat on Sauté for a few minutes before serving.