- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup, divided
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion to a large bowl.
- To the bowl add ground beef, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and egg. Use your hands to evenly mix the spices into the meat, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the insert of the Instant Pot. Fold aluminum foil into a small “pan” with sides to catch cooking juices and place foil “pan” onto the Instant Pot trivet rack. Transfer meat to foil-lined trivet rack and shape into a 10×5 inch loaf.
- Carefully place the trivet rack with meatloaf into the Instant Pot, then secure the lid, making sure that the vent is closed. Select the “manual” or “pressure cook” function and program the Instant Pot for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of ketchup and mustard. Preheat broiler to high and position rack on the second level below the broiler.
- When the Instant Pot time is up, carefully quick-release. Carefully lift out the trivet rack (make sure it’s not too hot!) and transfer meatloaf onto a rimmed baking sheet. (If there are a lot of juices, you may want to soak up some of them with a paper towel or turkey baster before transferring.) Spread ketchup mixture over meatloaf. Broil for 1-3 minutes.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.