- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups low-sodium broth, chicken or vegetable
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté on high. Add cooking oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter and heat until butter melts.
- Add onion and sauté until softened, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook untouched for 1 minute, then stir and sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2-3 more minutes.
- Add garlic and cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, and rice. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and stir.
- Put lid on Instant Pot and set to pressure cook on high for 6 minutes, making sure that the knob is set to Sealing.
- After the pressure cooking has ended, carefully turn knob to Venting and allow pressure to release.
- Once pressure button has dropped, remove lid.
- If there is excess liquid, stir it into the rice. If there is still too much liquid, set Instant Pot to Sauté, and then cook, stirring gently but often, until desired consistency is reached.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and Parmesan cheese. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve garnished with extra Parmesan cheese.