- 1 cup dry flageolet beans (or sub cannellini or great northern beans)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup minced onions
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Beyond Meat Brat Sausages, cut into quarters lengthwise, then sliced into chunks*
- 1 (1 lb.) package of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 1 and 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 2 no-salt vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 (3 in.) sprigs fresh thyme or 2 tsp. dried
- 1 (3 in.) sprig fresh rosemary or 2 tsp. dried
- 6 drops liquid smoke or ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 and ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place the dry beans in a large bowl that’s at least twice the size of the dried beans, and fill about 3/4 full with water. Let the beans soak for at least 8 hours. Or you can quick-soak the beans if you want to make this recipe now.
- Heat the olive oil in your Instant Pot on high Sauté until warm, then add the onions and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté a minute or two more.
- Add the Beyond Sausage and mushrooms and cook until the fat is rendered. Add the water, beans, and carrots.
- If you are using no salt bouillon add now, but if it has salt in it add with the salt and pepper before serving instead!
- Add the thyme, rosemary, and liquid smoke or smoked paprika. Stir well.
- Pressure cook on high for 11 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for at least 15 minutes, also known as do nothing, then you can finish releasing the pressure manually until the pin drops and you can open the lid of your Instant Pot.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, salt, and black pepper, then serve.
*can substitute another vegan sausage plus an additional two tablespoons of oil, or double the mushrooms and add ½ teaspoon of rubbed sage.