If you love white chicken chili but dread all the work it takes, we know you’re gonna love this one. We’re making it so much easier with this Instant Pot recipe. Now you can whip it up any night.
Who has time to make chili on the stovetop anymore?! Definitely not me, but my fiancé loves a good chili, especially during the cooler months. Thank goodness for the Instant Pot (we recommend this one) because now I just throw everything in there and his favorite chili dinner is ready in about 35 minutes.
But you might be saying, “I just need to throw something in the slow cooker before I head out for the day.” Well, we’ve got you covered. Give this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili a try. Either recipe you make, we know it’s going to be a family favorite.
White chili is a little different from the classic chili you usually see. We use chicken instead of your typical ground beef, chicken broth instead of tomatoes, and use a northern bean instead of the heartier kidney bean. This results in a milder flavor, making it a great meal for the whole family. And we know they’re going to request this one often so you can thank us now that we made dinner so easy.Print
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 oz.) cans white northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilis
- 4 cups low or no-sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Optional toppings: sliced jalapeños, green onions, lime wedges, etc.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and add oil to heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and add beans, chilis, stock, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Add chicken, making sure it is somewhat covered by the broth.
- Close lid, set vent to seal and set it to manual high pressure cook for 12 minutes. Once done, either release pressure manually or let it naturally release.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Stir it back into the pot.
- Serve with optional toppings if using.