A bowl of easy Italian Meatball Soup is just what your family needs this week.
Italian Meatball Soup
Italian Meatball Soup, not to be confused with its slightly high maintenance cousin, Italian wedding soup, is a healthy and hearty meal you can get on the table in half an hour. 30 minutes?! Now, that’s what I call low maintenance.
Plus, Italian Meatball Soup is packed with protein, veggies, and tons of flavor. Sounds like the perfect well-balanced family dinner, right?
Use Pantry Ingredients!
The key to a quick and easy Italian meatball soup is utilizing your pantry. Do you have dried pasta? Of course you do. Do you have frozen veggies? Absolutely. Did you freeze these Classic Italian-style Meatballs last time you made them? Well, maybe you didn’t… but store-bought frozen meatballs will do the trick just as well.
Praise the pantry gods who make weeknight dinners a breeze. But seriously, this recipe is as easy as “throw a whole bunch of pantry items in a pot, simmer, and enjoy.”
Looking for more quick soup recipes? We’ve got you covered here with some great classics and interesting twists, all ready in under 15 minutes.
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (32 oz.) container beef broth
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb. frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs
- 1 cup dried pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Stir water, tomatoes, beef broth, and Italian seasoning together in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables, meatballs, and pasta to the pot. Return broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the meatballs are heated through and the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.