- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
For the Chicken Marinade:
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. sherry cooking wine
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
For the Sauce:
- 1 and ¼ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. water
For the vegetables:
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 10 oz. finely sliced cabbage
- 8 oz. carrots, diced
- 12 oz. broccoli florets
- ½ onion, diced
- Steamed rice
- Green onion, diced
For the chicken:
- Add chicken pieces to a large gallon-sized zip top bag.
- In a small bowl, add water, sherry cooking wine, vegetable oil, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, and baking soda.
- Add marinade to the gallon bag and massage to ensure all chicken is evenly coated.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in chicken pieces from marinade and cook until done, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
For the sauce:
- In a small saucepan, add chicken stock, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil and stir to make sure the sugar dissolves. Once boiling, lower heat and bring down to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch and water and combine to make a slurry. Slowly drizzle into the saucepan and stir to incorporate.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Set aside until ready to add to vegetables.
For the vegetables:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil. Once heated through, add cabbage, diced carrots, broccoli florets, and diced onion. Stir and let cook through until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in sauce and add cooked chicken then stir to ensure everything is combined and coated. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add steamed rice then the chicken and vegetable mixture. Top with a few diced green onions and enjoy.