No more searching for elusive and expensive Keto-friendly bbq sauce. You can make this one right at home and enjoy some finger lickin’ Keto BBQ.
You don’t have to miss out on finger licking’ good bbq this summer even if you’re on a Keto diet. I’m sharing my delicious low carb, sugar-free BBQ sauce that’s made from scratch and Keto-friendly.
Instead of using ketchup for the base like many bbq sauces call for, like our Homemade BBQ Sauce, we use tomato paste to keep it low carb. The most unique ingredient you’ll add is monk fruit, but you’re going to want monk fruit to make other summer favorites Keto-friendly anyway.
(If you’ve never head of monk fruit, this is what a popular option looks like. You can find it on Amazon and in many supermarkets. It’s super easy to swap out sugar for monk fruit because it swaps on a 1:1 equivalent.)
To really deliver that smokey bbq sauce flavor you’ll use spices like onion powder, sweet paprika and garlic powder and add some liquid smoke. (You might be tempted to skip it, but don’t! It adds a smoky flavor to the sauce.) In addition, this Keto BBQ sauce stays fresh for weeks if you store it in the refrigerator. I dare you to make it last that long though.Print
- 1 (5.5 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. monk fruit
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- In a medium pot combine tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, monk fruit, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, sweet paprika, onion powder, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and chili powder.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes mixing often.
- Add water and bay leaf. Cook on low-medium heat for 15 minutes mixing often. Remove bay leaf before serving.