While there’s no pasta in this mac and cheese, you’re sure to love this keto version. We swap the pasta for cauliflower and cover it in your favorite cheesy sauce.
Cauliflower comes to the rescue again! If you’re craving the Creamiest Mac and Cheese out there, but following a keto diet, using this vegetable in place of noodles helps make this dish low-carb and acceptable for those of you on a keto diet.
Roasting the cauliflower first helps give an extra crunch to the texture before coating it in cheese.
Luckily, heavy cream and cheddar cheese are both low-carb dairy options. So swap out your normal milk for the heavy cream, and mix up a simple cheese sauce with just two ingredients. The prep time is so minimal, you’ll have this super creamy cheese sauce ready to spread all over your veggies in no time.
While cauliflower may never taste exactly like pasta, this recipe is a great way to satisfy that craving for mac and cheese while on the keto diet.Print
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp. black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cauliflower florets with melted butter and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Roast at 400°F for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat cream and cheddar cheese in a pot over medium heat. Whisk occasionally until melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over the roasted cauliflower florets and mix until evenly coated. Top with salt and pepper.