- 1 and ½ lb. chicken legs (drumsticks)
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt + some for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying (like canola, vegetable, or peanut)
- Combine chicken and whipping cream together in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least four hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Take chicken out of refrigerator at least half an hour before cooking.
- Heat pot of oil to 350°F.
- Whisk together almond flour, cayenne pepper and salt in another large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs in a medium bowl.
- Dredge chicken through flour mixture, then through egg wash, then through flour mixture again. Repeat with all pieces of chicken.
- Fry chicken for about 5-10 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. (Larger pieces will take longer, as will dark meat.)
- Remove chicken from oil and let rest on a wire drying rack. Sprinkle with salt.