- 1 and ½ lb. cucumbers, about 2–3 medium, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 1 lemon yield
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Place the cucumber slices in a colander set over a bowl. With your hands or a wooden spoon, toss the cucumbers with the salt to coat.
- Transfer the colander and bowl to the refrigerator and let the salted cucumbers drain for 1 hour.
- While the cucumbers drain, whisk together the lemon juice and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the sesame oil.
- Pat the drained cucumbers dry with a paper towel, and place the cucumbers in the medium bowl with the dressing. Add the scallions and sesame seeds and toss to combine.
- For the best flavor, let the salad marinate for about 2 hours in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, before serving.