- 1 lb. dried spaghetti
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pats
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 and ½ cup (about 3 oz.) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and return it to same pot.
- Set the pot of drained pasta over medium-low heat and add the butter, olive oil, lemon zest, and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water (not all of it!). Toss until butter has melted.
- Add Parmesan and pepper and toss until cheese has melted and a creamy sauce has formed.
- Add remaining pasta water as needed, a little at a time, to thin the sauce, if desired. Serve warm.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!