- 1 lb. dried spaghetti
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pats
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 and ½ cup (about 3 oz.) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain pasta and return to same pot.
- Over medium-low heat, add butter, olive oil, lemon zest, and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss until butter has melted.
- Add Parmesan and pepper, toss until cheese has melted and a creamy sauce has formed.
- Add remaining pasta water as needed, a little at a time, to thin the sauce. Serve warm.