- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced*
- 1 and ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest (from about 3 lemons)
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add rice.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until rice is lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth and salt. Bring to boiling, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook 13-18 minutes or until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes.
- Add zest and black pepper, then stir and fluff with a fork.
*Or substitute ½ tsp. garlic powder and add it to the broth with the salt.