- 12 oz. Neufchâtel cheese (1 and 1/2 packages)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 whole green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. extra lean round cut beef, chunked
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone or pepper jack cheese
- 1–2 Tbsp. flour to thicken it up (after cooked)
- Combine Neufchâtel, garlic, mushrooms, Greek yogurt, bell pepper, beef, onion, and Worcestershire in slow cooker. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Set on high for 2 and 1/2 hours, stir occasionally.
- When meat is cooked through, and vegetables are soft and warm, about 2 hours, remove about 1/2 cup of the sauce, and pour into a small bowl. Add flour 1 tablespoon at a time, and combine well.
- Return sauce to dip in the slow cooker. Allow to heat through on high in slow cooker for 30 minutes to thicken. Stir.
If presentation is important, you can sprinkle cheese over the dip after it’s cooked, and place under the broiler in your oven for 5 minutes, or until perfectly browned.