- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the broth and potatoes to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are very soft.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If you don’t have a blender, use a potato masher to break down the potatoes as much as you can. The soup should look like a very thin puree.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and water. Stir into the soup and return to a boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with crumbled bacon, sliced green onions, and shredded cheddar cheese.