What’s better than mozzarella sticks? Loaded mozzarella sticks! These ones are filled with cheese, bacon, and jalapenos and are really quick to make.
Ever since I discovered that you can make quick and easy egg rolls in the air fryer, I’ve been experimenting with different fillings.
There were the Classic Egg Rolls with a classic filling. Yum!
Then there were the Southwestern Egg Rolls. Oh yeah!
Then I realized that I could make Quick Mozzarella Sticks using egg roll wrappers. Whoa! That blew my mind!
It therefore shouldn’t surprise you that before long I was adding more things beyond cheese to those.
Which is how we find ourselves here at the recipe for Loaded Cheese Sticks.
Once you learn how to make mozzarella sticks using egg roll wrappers, the sky really is the limit. You can add all kinds of things. My personal favorite is to add bacon bits and chopped jalapeno, and eat it dipped in salsa. Sooooo good.
So that’s what we’re doing here.
You’re going to roll a stick of string cheese into an egg roll wrapper as shown over here or have a look at this picture as a guide:
However, along with the string cheese, you’re going to put a sprinkle of bacon bits and a bit of chopped jalapeno. Then roll it up. Then spray it with cooking spray. Then air fry it for 6 minutes. Then put it on a plate beside some salsa.
Then eat it! Mmmmm.Print
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 6 sticks of string cheese
- 2 Tbsp. bacon bits
- 1 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 Tbsp. salsa
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a large plate or cutting board with a point pointing toward you.
- Moisten the edges lightly with the water.
- Put a stick of cheese in the middle of the egg roll wrapper horizontally from the left corner to the
- right corner. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of bacon and 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno.
- Fold the filling into the egg roll wrapper like a burrito: Starting with the corner that is pointing toward you, fold the corner up and over the cheese so that it is almost touching the opposite corner. Now you have a triangle with a cheese stick running along inside the base of the triangle.
- Fold the two side corners in and over the ends of the stick of cheese.
- Roll the cheese up the rest of the way, keeping the side corners tucked in, to the remaining corner.
- Make sure the edges are sealed.
- Repeat the above with the remaining egg roll wrappers and sticks of cheese.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Lightly spray all sides of the egg rolls with cooking spray.
- Arrange rolls in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer with as much room between them as possible.
- Cook until browned in places and crunchy, 6-7 minutes. Serve with salsa for dipping.