Halloween is coming! Halloween is coming! Carve that pumpkin, get out the seeds, and make them sweeeet!
I used to think of pumpkin seeds as a savory treat, but they can be sweet too! These maple pumpkin seeds are sweet and sticky and spiced up deliciously with pumpkin pie spice. They’re such a great twist on the classic.
- 1 and ½ cups pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. coarse salt (or ¼ tsp. table salt)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl mix together the pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, oil, pie spice, and salt.
- Spread out on the baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
This post originally appeared in October 2016 and was revised and republished in October 2021.