You already have everything you need for this marinade in your kitchen. Add mixed vegetables and broil. A delicious side that’s ready in minutes.
Broiling veggies is one way to quickly get a delicious side dish onto the table. They blacken a bit giving them such great flavor. They’re even better if you marinate them a bit first though.
Today’s vegetable marinade is really simple. It’s olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. That’s it.
The trick for getting the vegetables evenly coated in marinade, and to giving them a good soak, is to marinate them before putting them on skewers. This way more surface area of the vegetables is in contact with the bottom of the baking dish and thus with the pool of marinade. Get them onto skewers after they marinate and then broil about 6 inches from the heat source just until they start to blacken.Print
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarse black pepper
- 8 button or cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 8 chunks
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 8 chunks
- In a baking dish combine the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and black pepper. Add the mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper. Toss to coat. Let sit 15-30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Preheat broiler on high and arrange racks 6-8 inches from heat source.
- Skewer mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper.
- Broil until slightly blackened and desired tenderness is achieved, 7-10 minutes.