Get our delicious recipe for mashed cauliflower. It’s super tasty and good for you too!
If you’ve ever felt dismal, dreary or drained in your quest for lower carb living, be saddened no more! We’ve already shown you how cauliflower can be used instead of flour in breadsticks and pizza crust and how to make soft and fluffy cauliflower rice for using instead of rice in things like stuffed peppers. Now cauliflower will wow us with its transformative properties when it subs in for potatoes. We’re mashing cauliflower instead of potatoes and adding some Parmesan cheese to create a flavor profile that will knock the socks off of any tried and true mashed potato lover.
This Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese actually needs no added heavy cream to create a silky texture. We’ll sauté the cauliflower in stock before pureeing which will not only create perfect texture, but amazing flavor when paired with Parmesan.
Are you excited? I am. Let’s do it!
- 2 and 1/2 tsp. butter or ghee
- 16 oz. store-bought riced cauliflower, or 1 large head of cauliflower riced (here’s how to do it)
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Start by adding the butter to a stockpot set over medium heat. Allow the butter to melt and then add the riced cauliflower. Stir until all of the cauliflower is coated and then pour in the stock. Allow this to simmer over medium low for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft. The cauliflower should absorb most of the stock.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor and add the Parmesan cheese and salt. Process until velvety smooth. Serve while hot.