- 6 slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cups whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices of tomato, each cut into 3 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut crusts off of bread slices and cut into rounds that are bigger than the muffin tin cups.
- Push slices of bread into muffin tin cups. Put into oven to dry a bit, 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs. Stir in milk, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese into bread cups in muffin tin. Tear a basil leaf into each cup. Top with a piece of tomato.
- Divide egg mixture between muffin cups and immediately put into oven.
- Bake until egg is set, 12-15 minutes.
- If desired, turn on broil and broil the quiches until toast is browned at the top, 1-3 minutes.