This One Pot Beef Stroganoff is a quick dish to make during weeknights. You’ll only need one pot and 30 minutes to have dinner on the table which is a win anytime!
This recipe seriously gets cooked in one pot. Not only does this save time cooking, but it also saves time when you clean up the dishes. Just brown some ground beef, add some beef stock and spices, then boil with some egg noodles until done. Anytime you only need to clean one pot is a good night.
What size pot should I use?
Do I need to use ground beef?
What type of pasta should I use?
What if I need to add more liquid?
How do I thicken the sauce?
Great question! You’ll want to add a slurry to the finished dish, which allows the sauce to thicken. To do this, you’ll want to add equal parts of cornstarch and water to a small bowl and mix until it’s combined. Take this slurry and pour this over the sauce with the stove set to low heat, stirring constantly until the slurry is well-incorporated and the sauce thickens. This will happen pretty quickly.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 lb. ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups store-bought beef stock or homemade beef bone broth
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 and 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. paprika
8 oz. uncooked egg noodles
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. water
1/4 cup sour cream
Flat leaf parsley, diced, to top
- In an 8 quart or larger pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in onions and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned. Add in garlic and stir.
- Pour in beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and paprika then stir. Add in uncooked egg noodles and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure all noodles are covered.
- Just before the noodles are done cooking, in a small bowl combine cornstarch and water and mix together until incorporated.
- When pasta is cooked through, lower heat to low and pour in cornstarch slurry. Stir until combine and let simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Top with diced parsley.