- 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- 1 and ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ¾ tsp. pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 and ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 oz. dried fettuccine, broken into 2–3 pieces
- 1 and ¾ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Season cubed chicken breast liberally with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat in a pot. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink inside. Transfer it to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the pot. Add the onion. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring it so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, remaining ½ teaspoon of pepper, stock, and cream. Heat to a simmer, stirring frequently, and then immediately add the pasta.
- Reduce the temperature to keep it at a low simmer, stirring often until the pasta is cooked, approximately 13-15 minutes. If at any point the pasta has soaked up most of the liquid and seems dry, add an extra ½ cup of stock.
- Once the pasta is cooked, stir in your cooked cubed chicken breast. Heat through. Add 1 and ½ cups of shredded Parmesan cheese and stir until it melts.
- Divide among serving plates and then top each with some of the remaining ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese and with the chopped parsley, if using.