- 1 lb. store-bought meatballs or traditional meatballs
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 and ½ cups low-sodium stock (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 12 oz. dry spaghetti, broken into 2–3 pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Cook store-bought meatballs according to the package instructions. You can also cook homemade traditional meatballs or 1-ingredient sausage meatballs for this recipe. Set aside.
- Add oil to the pot. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add salt, black pepper, stock, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Heat to a simmer, stirring frequently. Add spaghetti.
- Reduce the temperature to keep it at a low simmer, stirring often until the pasta is cooked, 13 -15 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, stir in meatballs and heat through.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.