- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white wine, such as Riesling
- 6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- Melt the butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in salt and brown sugar. Cover and cook until soft and gooey, 25-30 minutes.
- Add wine and bacon. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring continuously, until thick, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar. Taste. Add a pinch more salt if needed.
- Cool. Serve at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.