Salads aren’t just for summer! Enjoy an Autumn inspired fennel & orange salad while snuggled in a sweater. Our Knife Skills series is sponsored by Cutco.
Perfect Autumn Salad
Don’t you hate when summer is over and it seems like all the fruits and veggies vanish into thin air? But just because the weather is cooler doesn’t mean you can’t have a light, fresh salad with seasonal ingredients.
Crunchy, licorice-like fennel and sweet, tangy oranges are a match made in produce heaven. We threw in dried figs, another seasonal favorite, plus toasted almonds for crunch. The vinaigrette couldn’t be easier and just serves to complement the flavors of the fruits and vegetables.
What Knife Skills Do I Need?Print
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 fennel bulb, halved lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise (learn how here)
- 2 oranges, supremed (learn how here)
- ¼ cup sliced dried figs
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. torn or chopped mint leaves
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt or pepper if desired.
- Add the fennel slices, supremed oranges, and figs to the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds and mint and serve.
Disclosure: This article is sponsored by Cutco. All opinions are ours and honest.
This post originally appeared in October 2016 and was revised and republished in March 2020.