I spy with my little eye something that is…Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. Holy Yum!
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of the greatest dessert flavor combinations on this earth (although the flavor combos in this Dulce de Leche Cheesecake and this S’mores Cheesecake may give it a run for its money). Salty creamy peanut butter plus chocolate is so satisfying every time.
Adding this flavor combination to tangy and silky smooth cheesecake just takes it to the next level. To make it even better, use dark chocolate in the ganache and garnish the whole thing with dark chocolate peanut butter cups. Your taste buds (and your family) will thank you.
This recipe starts out with a simple five-ingredient filling but don’t let the simplicity of it fool you. Peanut butter, chocolate and cheesecake are a match made in dessert heaven, but don’t take our word for it. Test it out on your friends and family. We know they’ll agree with us that it’s amazing.Print
- 36 Oreo cookies (or 3 sleeves)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 and ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- peanut butter cups for serving
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Make crust: Mix 3 sleeves of Oreos and butter in food processor. Mix until there are no large cookie chunks. Pour into springform pan, pat down with spatula or your fingers.
- Make cheesecake filling: Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla with stand or hand mixer. Beat until well incorporated and there are no more lumps.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust. Place springform pan over baking sheet (so that butter doesn’t escape from springform and cause burns or fire in your oven) and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cheesecake is done when sides pull away from pan. Middle will be a bit wiggly (it won’t be completely set in the middle), but that’s fine. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven with the door open until cheesecake is room temperature. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, make ganache: Pour heavy cream into sauté or frying pan, add chocolate chips. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate chips are melted and ganache is shiny.
- Pour ganache over cheesecake. Top with peanut butter cups if desired.