Pesto and Parmesan are always good together. Add pumpkin seeds and it just gets better.
Savory Flavored Pumpkin Seeds
Pesto is bursting with fresh basil flavor, olive oil, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. We’ve added a scoop of that awesomeness to roasted pumpkin seeds, along with some more Parmesan cheese (because we always want more Parm, right?) and the result is the ultimate savory pumpkin seed.
- 1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. table salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. prepared basil pesto
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Line a large pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on the parchment and toss with oil and table salt. Roast until dried and browned, 30-40 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan, pesto, sea salt and pepper. Add the pumpkin seeds and stir. Return seeds to pan and roast for 10 minutes longer. Cool pan on a cooling rack.
This post originally appeared in October 2016 and was revised and republished in October 2021.