Whipping up some Piña Coladas will instantly transport you to a tropical island no matter where you are.
Yup. If you want your backyard to feel like the tropics, the only thing I recommend is making a frozen piña colada! Okay, okay! You can totally make a Frozen Margarita and feel almost as good, but there’s something extra tropical about the coladas, you know?
You can use a store-bought mix to make this smooth, fruity cocktail but I promise it’s so much better when you make it from scratch.
That’s right, no mix required, and it’s still super easy. All you need is a high speed blender (like this one), pineapple juice, fresh pineapple chunks, white rum and coconut cream (this is what to look for at the store).
As soon as this pineapple coconut concoction is out of the blender and you’ve taken your first sip, you’re going to be transported to white sand and blue water. It’s THAT good! You get that creamy coconut flavor with a tangy pineapple twist. What’s not to love!?
PRO TIP: For a more refreshing, less sweet piña colada, add a squeeze of lime.
Classic Piña Colada
Yield: 2 drinks
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 4 oz. coconut cream
- 4 oz. white rum
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- Pineapple slices for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Juice from ½ lime, optional
- To a high speed blender, add ice, fresh pineapple, coconut cream, white rum and pineapple juice.
- Pulse a bit and then blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into two glasses. Garnish with pineapple slices and a maraschino cherry. Add a squeeze of lime if too sweet for your taste (optional).