Here’s a new spin on pizza. The slow cooker lets you fix this dip and forget it until game time.
This is the time of the year for “The Big Game.” From the local high school and college teams to national sports, it seems almost every weekend (and many a weeknight) have a big game on. For these big game nights, food needs to happen. But since life also has to happen, we love to break out the slow cooker to give us food we love and time to do other things while the food cooks.
With that in mind, we have developed a yummy dip that brings the flavor of a big game standby (pizza) with the ease of slow cooker (set it and forget it). Cream cheese topped with a yummy mix of cheeses, sauce, meat and veggies that cook slowly while you are NOT in the kitchen. Pair this amazing dip with some warm garlic toast or breadsticks for a game night winner or just make this dip when you need to satisfy a pizza craving and don’t have time to hang in the kitchen making pizza.
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 oz. pepperoni, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- Generously spray the inside of your slow cooker, making sure to coat the sides as well as the bottom.
- Cut up cream cheese into squares and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, place all remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Pour over the cream cheese, place the lid on and cook for 2 hours on low setting.