- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 19 oz. mild Italian Sausage Links (such as Johnsonville), casings removed
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 6 cups cooked cubed potatoes, cooled
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed (save the fronds for garnish) and shaved thinly
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- Warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage links and use a wooden spoon to break apart the meat. Cook, stirring occasionally and breaking it all up some more, until it is crumbly and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, the mayonnaise, dijon, salt and pepper.
- Once the sausage is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Use a wooden spoon to stir and scrape up any browned bits of sausage from the bottom of the pan.
- Put the potatoes and the cooked sausage (with any accumulated juices) into a large bowl. Add the shaved fennel and Vidalia Onion. Stir. Add the mayonnaise mixture and stir everything together.
- Transfer the potato salad to a serving bowl and top with 1/4 cup of fennel fronds, torn apart with your fingers.