- Peppers, either halved or whole and hollowed
- Large Pot
- Pot Cover
- Slotted Spoon
- Large Bowl filled with Ice Water
- In large pot, fill peppers with water (to prevent floating), and fill pot around peppers with water until peppers are fully covered.
- Cover pot and bring to a rolling boil on high heat. Bring the temperature down to medium-low and let peppers hard simmer for three minutes, or until tender.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer peppers to ice water to cool.
- Spoon peppers out of water and shake off excess. Place in baking dish and stuff.
- Proceed with recipe, cooking for 25-30 minutes.