- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1–2 Tbsp. water
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. store-bought roasted and salted pepitas
- Measure the pumpkin, mayonnaise, vinegar, syrup, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne into a blender. Pulse. Drizzle in enough water so that it blends together well and thins to the thickness of a ranch dressing.
- Divide the arugula between 4 salad plates. Top with the cranberries and pepitas.
- Drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of dressing. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing for 3-4 days.
The salad dressing yield is 1 and ½ cups. You will only need ½ cup to make salad for 4 people. The salad dressing recipe can be halved, however I find that it doesn’t blend as easily in my blender when there isn’t as much in there. I make the full batch and refrigerate the rest for up to 3-4 days.