- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cups low or no-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 7 oz turkey kielbasa
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 (28 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 oz.) cans chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- Put a large pot or Dutch oven over medium- high heat and add the olive oil.
- Measure the broth into a microwave-safe bowl and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Put the kale into the pot with the olive oil along with the salt and pepper. Stir and cover.
- Chop the kielbasa into 1/2 inch pieces. Add it to the kale. Stir and cover. Stir occasionally. If the kielbasa starts to darken, reduce the heat to low.
- Mince the garlic. Add it and the chili powder to the kale. Stir. Add the hot broth from the microwave. Stir. Cover and cook on high until simmering.
- Open the diced tomatoes and add them to the pot. Open the chickpeas. Strain them and add them to the pot. Bring it up to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until the kale is more tender, 4-5 more minutes.