- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup white distilled vinegar
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 and ½ Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled (optional)
- Put onions in a jar or lidded container.
- In a medium bowl, mix together both vinegars, warm water, sugar, and salt until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Add any additional flavorings like garlic to the jar.
- Pour vinegar mixture over the onions and let sit for at least an hour. For best results, you’ll want to wait at least 24 hours. Onions should last in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.