- 12–15 plum tomatoes (such as roma), halved lengthwise, with stems, cores and seeds removed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh herbs (i.e. thyme, rosemary, oregano or basil)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, cut side up.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°F. and continue roasting for approximately 20 minutes, or until beginning to caramelize. Allow to slightly cool; serve warm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for 6 months.