For the shrimp:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (or to taste)
For Sweet Chili Sauce:
- ½ cup and 2 Tbsp. water, divided
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sambal oelek
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. diced green onions
- 2 Tbsp. roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, sliced into 8 wedges
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in shrimp and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes until no longer pink on both sides. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, heat rice vinegar, ½ cup of water and sugar over medium high heat until boiling and sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat to medium, and stir in sambal oelek until incorporated. Let simmer.
- While sauce is simmering, add remaining 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch to small bowl and mix together.
- Slowly add into the sambal mixture and stir. Simmer until thickened and remove from heat. Let cool and refrigerate until ready for use.
To Assemble Wraps:
- Take a leaf of butter lettuce and layer with shrimp, carrots, red cabbage, avocado, green onions, cilantro, lime juice and sweet chili sauce. Serve immediately.