For the shrimp:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (or to taste)
For Sweet Chili Sauce:
- ½ cup and 2 Tbsp. water, divided
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sambal oelek
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. diced green onions
- 2 Tbsp. roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, sliced into 8 wedges
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in shrimp and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes until no longer pink on both sides. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, heat rice vinegar, ½ cup of water and sugar over medium high heat until boiling and sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat to medium, and stir in sambal oelek until incorporated. Let simmer.
- While sauce is simmering, add remaining 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch to small bowl and mix together.
- Slowly add into the sambal mixture and stir. Simmer until thickened and remove from heat. Let cool and refrigerate until ready for use.
To Assemble Wraps:
- Take a leaf of butter lettuce and layer with shrimp, carrots, red cabbage, avocado, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, and sweet chili sauce. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!