All the flavors of a delicious bacon cheeseburger but in a dip. The best part? It’s made in the slow cooker so it’s super-easy to make and to keep warm for your game day party.
I don’t know about you, but a good bacon cheeseburger can 100 percent turn my day around. This Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Dip will do just that for a crowd! You can whip these ingredients together and be ready to serve in no time. Take a bite and you’ll think you’re having one of the best bacon cheeseburgers around. Try using toasted baguette slices for dippers to give you the best cheeseburger bite. Consider doubling the recipe if you’ve got a big crowd because it goes fast.
I’m personally a big fan of having some spice with my burgers so I opted for a hotter version of the canned tomatoes and green chilies. If you’re serving this to kids, use the mild version and have a toppings bar for people to add their own heat. Some sliced jalapeños, a bottle of Sriracha and you’re good to go. To add a little more to your toppings bar, try classic cheeseburger toppings like relish, extra bacon bits, or crispy fried onions.
- 6 pieces bacon
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (10 oz.) can of diced tomatoes & green chilies (like Rotel, not drained)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- Chips or toasted baguette slices, to serve
- Optional Toppings for a Toppings Bar: jalapeños, Sriracha, banana peppers, relish, crispy fried onions, diced tomatoes, raw onions, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, etc..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towel. Add the onion to the same pan and cook until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add in ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes. Add in black pepper, chili powder and salt and stir. Crumble bacon into beef mixture.
- To a slow cooker, add beef and bacon mixture, diced tomatoes & green chilies (not drained), cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and yellow mustard. Mix together and cook 2 hours on high stirring occasionally.
- Optional: Serve with a toppings bar on the side so people can personalize their dip.