Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings adds a whole new level of easy to this comfort food favorite.
If you’ve been craving comfort food, look no further. Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings is just the thing to satisfy that craving. It’s always a crowd favorite and the best part is it’s made entirely in the slow cooker.
Whether you’re pressed for time or in need of something warm and filling, a slow cooker is your best option for comfort food like these Chicken and Dumplings or White Chicken Chili. Slow cooker meals are easy to make and oh-so-flavorful. We love this slow cooker. It’s programmable and has a slew of cool features.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings couldn’t possibly get any easier or more delicious than this. In the slow cooker, the chicken gets fork tender and soaks up the juices from the soup and chicken stock. Simply add the dumplings after a few hours of slow cooking. I even have a super easy hack for the biscuits – store-bought biscuit dough. Voilà! It’s that easy. Comfort food at its finest.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 finely diced onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 (10 oz.) package refrigerated biscuit dough
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (optional)
- Place the chicken, butter, soup, chicken stock, onion, salt and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook for 4 hours on high.
- After 4 hours, tear biscuit dough into 2 inch pieces and place in a single layer in the liquid in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center, approximately 1-1.5 hours, flipping biscuits over halfway through.
- Stir in frozen vegetables (if using). Continue to cook for 30 more minutes before serving.