Slow Cooker Chicken:
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a mixture
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 and ½ tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- ⅔ cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- Optional toppings: Hot salsa, sour cream, freshly chopped cilantro
- In the insert of a slow cooker, add chicken, chicken stock, can of diced tomatoes, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Transfer chicken from the slow cooker to a bowl. Shred the meat using two forks. Set aside.
- To make the rice, stir together warmed up cooked rice with lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, start with a base of cilantro lime rice. Top with shredded chicken, black beans, pico de gallo, Mexican style cheese and avocado. Serve with hot salsa, sour cream and additional freshly chopped cilantro.