There’s nothing like walking into the house after a long day and being greeted by the aroma of fajitas slow cooking away.
Whether it’s Mexican Monday or Taco Tuesday, slow cooker chicken fajitas are always a good idea. Granted, fajitas aren’t technically tacos. I get it… BUT they do make a great alternative. You can have Mexican-style slow cooker meals several nights of the week if you add Chicken Burrito Bowls and Chicken Carnitas to the lineup. Meals that are easy and packed with flavor every night of the week? Yes, please!
Making chicken fajitas in the slow cooker is a set-it-and-forget-it kinda meal. And who wouldn’t love that! I love leaving my slow cooker on low while I’m away from home. Before you know it, dinner’s ready and you didn’t waste time standing over a stove all day. We really love this slow cooker because it’s programmable, making it easier than ever to have dinner ready when you get home.
These chicken fajitas are so juicy and flavorful and your house will smell amazing. Loaded with bell peppers, onions, diced tomatoes and a hint of lime, just one whiff and your mouth will be watering for dinner. They’re a hit with the whole family. I bet you have most of the ingredients in your house as we speak. Here’s how easy it is to bring these bad boys to life.Print
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a mixture
- 1 oz. packet fajita seasoning (or 2 Tbsp. homemade fajita seasoning)
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Put the sliced peppers, onions and chicken in the slow cooker. Top chicken with taco seasoning then add in garlic, tomatoes and lime juice. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Turn the slow cooker down to low. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and cook for a few minutes until ready to serve.
- Serve chicken fajitas on warm flour tortillas then top with sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and a squeeze of lime, if desired.