- 6 large bell peppers, tops sliced off, stemmed and seeded
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn kernels
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 cup store-bought salsa
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, rice, corn, black beans, salsa, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Divide filling between the bell peppers.
- Place bell peppers in the slow cooker in a single layer.
- Cover and cook on high for 2.5 hours, or until the peppers are tender and the chicken is cooked through to 165F in the middle on an instant read thermometer.
- Top each pepper with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Cover slow cooker. Cook until cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.